Synonyms Wood sugar
Molecular Formula C5H10O5
Molecular Weight 150.13
CAS Registry Number 58-86-6
Melting point 148-158 ºC
alpha 20 º (c=10, H2O)
Water solubility soluble
Product Name: D-Xylose
Chemical Name: 5-carbon aldose
Molecular Formula: C5H10O5
Molecular Weight: 150.13
Characters: White crystalline or white crystalline powder, easily dissolve in water.
Main physiological characteristic:
1. Same sweet and flavor as glucose, can improve the flavor of normal sweet foods and to inhibit odor, to maximum satisfy the people who like sweet but worry about weight control;
2. Not utilized by oral microbes, and has part of similar function as dietary fiber;
3. Good compatibility with food. When add fewer Xylose into the food, it can show good health care function and same time can raise the absorption of Ca when assume Xylose together with Ca, and also prevent constipation.
Where can we use D-Xylose:
1. To produce Xylitol after hydrogenation.
2. Add in feedstuff for pets in some advanced countries.
3. The pure crystalline D-Xylose can be the good material instead of sugar to produce flavor agent by its Maillard reaction. Compared with other six carbon sugar, D-Xylose needs fewer reaction time to get different flavors like roast beef / pork, cooking meat, chicken, baked potato, baking food and etc through different hydrolyzed protein and amino acid response. The FEMA of US is approved D-Xylose as a safe food additive (GRAS).
4. Good high-quality soy sauce color.
5. Raw material for essence to meat
6. Produce anti-oxidants for food
*1 week for samples
*1-2 weeks after getting payment for commercial quantity
T/T or western uinon
• Shelf life: 2 years
• If any quality issues, it should be claimed within 3 weeks from the date of arrival at destination.
• Refunds will be given or the goods will be replaced by qualified material. All charges involved are on our account.